The EECON 2017 Organising Committee invites undergraduate and post-graduate engineers studying disciplines related to the electrical and energy industry to present a poster at EECON 2017.
A limited number of posters will be displayed in the foyer of the EECON 2017 conference on Thursday 23 November. Students will have the opportunity to communicate their work to the conference attendees.
Students will submit a 400-word abstract of their work to the EECON17 technical committee. Abstracts should discuss the project, the context of the application, and any progress/findings to date or anticipated.
Abstracts must be submitted through the abstract submission portal below before Friday 6 October 2017 at 5:00pm (EST).
Successful abstracts will be notified by Friday 20 October, and invited to proceed to poster. Display guidelines will be provided at this time.
Successful applicants will be offered a discounted Conference registration – Full Conference $350 / Day Registration (Thursday) $200 (prices include GST)Poster Submission Guidelines Click here to submit your poster abstract
Students will display their poster at EECON on Thursday 23 November. Students are also welcome to display a model or simulation in addition to (but not in lieu of) their poster. Students will need to stand with their poster at morning tea and lunch on Thursday 23 November, and answer questions from conference delegates. A prize of $500 will be awarded to the best poster.
Each poster will be assessed for:
- Novelty – is the project, or its application, new or different from existing projects?
- Rigour – has the project been framed in the context of the literature and existing best practices?
- Testing – has the project been tested or evaluated? If so, what are the implications of the findings? If not, what are the anticipated findings, and why?
- Communication – is the work described clearly and relevantly in both oral and written formats?
Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of judges according to the criteria presented above. All abstract review decisions are final. Because of the timeline, there can be no appeals process or opportunity to resubmit once an abstract is rejected.
Once accepted, the conference organisers will be in touch with information regarding your participation.
|Friday 6 October||Deadline for abstract submissions through the abstract submission portal before 5.00pm (EST).|
|Friday 20 October||Authors notified of the results and if they have been selected to display a poster. Display guidelines will be provided at this time.|
|Friday 3 November||Accepted authors must have registered to attend EECON 2017. If registration is not received before this date, it will be assumed the author has withdrawn their submission.|
|Wednesday 22-Thursday 23 November||Successful abstracts submissions to display their poster during the conference.
Students must stand with their poster at morning tea on Thursday 23 November.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting an abstract, you agree to the following:
- The author who submits the abstract will register to attend and display a poster during EECON 2017.
- Approval must be obtained from all co-authors listed on the abstract.
- All authors whose abstracts have been accepted are responsible for all costs including registration, travel, accommodation, any costs associated with preparation of the poster, or any other costs associated with attendance at the event.
- All authors whose abstracts have been accepted must register for the event before Friday 3 November 2017.
- Authors should not use the poster as means of selling organisations’ products or services.
- If your abstract submission is accepted, you give EECON 2017 permission to publish your abstract and/or poster in relevant conference materials such as the conference website and conference program and accept the copyright agreement.
- Authors are responsible for proof reading and submitting an abstract or poster without errors, as they will be reproduced in the format they were submitted.
- All communication regarding your abstract submission will take place via email. Please ensure you use a valid email address.
If you have any questions regarding your abstract submission, please contact the EECON 2017 conference organisers via firstname.lastname@example.org.