Philip is a Principal Engineer at Mitton ElectroNet Ltd, with over 20 years experience in the power industry in New Zealand. Philip has extensive experience in the testing and design fields of earthing, lightning protection and substation design including:
• Testing, design and review of substation and power station earthing systems.
• Evaluation of earthing and related risk associated with transmission lines.
• Lightning reviews and assessments.
• Evaluation of EMF and RFI around transmission lines and substations.
• LFI investigations into voltages induced in pipelines, fences and communications cables by power cables and transmission lines.
• Review of various utilities’ earthing standards.